Many players use Steam’s FRIENDS & CHAT feature to stay in touch with friends and stay up-to-date. However, the Friends Network Unreachable error occasionally pops up and prevents the menu from loading. You don’t have to worry if you’re experiencing the same issue. You can solve the problem by following this handy guide. Just browse through the list until you find the one that works.
Fix Steam Friends Network Unreachable (Multiple Fixes Method)
Clear Steam Cache and Cookies – Fix No 1
Data and files are saved by Steam so that they will be able to be loaded up faster the next time. Over time, however, the cached data may have gone wrong, corrupt, or outdated, resulting in the friends list not loading. To clear the Steam cache:
- Log into Steam and launch the program.
- Go to Steam > Settings.
- AFTER SELECTING WEB BROWSER, click DELETE WEB BROWSER CACHE and then DELETE ALL BROWSER COOKIES, respectively. Press OK when finished.
- Click OK to exit Steam.
Congratulations! Relaunch Steam and check if your friends list is displayed. Please move on to Fix the two below if Friends Network Unreachable still occurs.
Join Or Exit Steam Beta Programs – Fix No 2
Players can opt into Steam Beta to try out game updates and client updates before they are officially released. Due to its testing nature may be prone to bugs that cause the friends list not to load. In other instances, it is the official version that has the glitch. In this case, you can try switching to the opposite mode to see if that helps restore your friend’s list. Follow these steps to join or exit Steam Beta programs.
- Sign in to your Steam account.
- Go to Steam > Settings.
- Click Account, then in the Beta participation section, click Change.
- Choose one option that appears in the window that pops up to change your participation status. Click OK to confirm.
- Click Exit to close Steam.
- Launch Steam and check if your friend’s list is accessible. If it is, congratulations! Please try Fix 3 if the problem persists.
Install The Latest Network Driver – Fix No 3
In order for your network adapter to communicate with your computer system, it requires a network adapter driver. The incorrect, outdated, or corrupted network adapter driver may cause you to experience poor or unstable internet, resulting in Steam Friends Network Unreachable errors. Hence, you should update your network adapter driver to see if it resolves the issue. Using Driver Easy, you can edit the driver automatically if you do not have the time, patience, or skills to do it manually.
Driver Easy handles everything for you. The program will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers. The wrong driver is not a concern, you do not have to worry about making a mistake when installing, and you do not have to know what system your computer runs.
The FREE version of Driver Easy or the PRO version allows you to update your drivers automatically. When you purchase the Pro version, it takes just two steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee):
- Download Driver Easy and install it.
- Click the Scan Now button in Driver Easy. Driver Easy will scan your computer to detect any problems.
- You will be prompted to upgrade your version when you click Update All so that it will automatically find and download all the outdated or missing drivers on your system.
- Your computer will have to restart for the changes to take effect.
- Log into Steam to see if your friend’s list is displayed properly. If it is, you have resolved the issue.